What do I offer?
I am a freelance science-writer with a 12 year academic research career in cell biology. I have lived and worked in England for most of my adult life and speak English fluently. I offer the following services both to individuals, research groups, (educational) organisations, biotech, pharma-, food-, and life-science companies:
- writing and/or editing scientific articles (both original research and review articles)
- (copy)editing doctoral theses or master dissertations
- (copy)editing grant-proposals
- writing and/or editing of scientific or annual reports
- writing and/or editing newspaper and magazine articles about current research topics and their implications to raise public awareness
- writing and/or editing of popular science & philosophy books
- training in “scientific writing”
- training in “autobiographical writing”
- ad hoc lessons in science and philosophy for both primary & secondary schools, both dutch and/or english)
- designing word-posters that tell the story of your life or business
If you like to use any of these services or have further questions, please fill in the contact form. For examples and open-access of pdf files of my science papers, please check my ResearcherID. For more info of my academic work please check my LinkedIn page.
Besides my science writing I also enjoy creative writing. I’m exploring different methods such as poetry, philosophy, diary, opinion pieces (essays, columns, blogs ) or newspaper/magazine articles to express myself. Why? “He who writes, does something to people. The change which he manifests in man, in society, in literature, he is.” (Harry Mulisch in Voer voor psychologen, 1961). With only a few words you can change the world!